Monday, February 16, 2009

human instinct.

Human instinct is a way of life. What is human instinct? It is the reaction time of an individual when something bad happens. It is when a person has to make a decision that they may not of ever thought they would have to make. A persons human instinct can save themselves and others. I recently read this weekend an article about a man who went skydiving for the first time ever. He decided to take this daring thrill seeking attempt with an instructor. The one possible thing that never even went through the first time skydivers mind was the one thing that gave him human instinct to save his own life.

Before sky diving many thoughts go through your head like what if the parachute does not open and how do we land? One question that does not go through your mind is what if my instructor has a heart attack in mid air, how am i prepared to handle that situation? February 3rd a man named Daniel Pharr decided to go sky diving. After leaving the aircraft his instructor suffered from a heart attack. Pharr soon realized when he was unresponsive and his head appeared limb. Pharr having no experience used his human instinct to guide them to land safely. When on land Pharr used CPR hoping to revive the instructor but it was to late. Daniel Pharrs human instinct saved his life that day.

3 comments:

  1. This is a good first choice for a topic. I was blown away by this story as well. I went skydiving once, and I was completely reliant on my tandem instructor. I have no idea if I could have done what Pharr managed to do, but I guess that is your point - that I would have. The thing that is missing here is emotion in your writing. You are permitted to, and are encouraged to share your feelings and opinions. In addtion, be more aware of your grammar.

    Grade: 3/4

    ReplyDelete
  2. The story is definetly very catching. This story fascianted me and you are definetly right about human instinct but the only thing is human instinct doesn't only occur when something bad happens. Human instinct is a reaction time to not just when something bad occurs, but when something happens, bad or good. I think that if the guy went sky diving knowing the dangers of it and taking real safety precautions, he would have definetly survived and had a safe trip down.

    ReplyDelete