Monday, February 23, 2009

Most listened to album of the year goes to...

The most listened to album of the year in my opinion goes to the Script. The Script is an english band that I discovered over this past summer while visiting in London, England. I have listened to about every single one of their songs ever made and I instantly had fell in love. Music has great meaning to me, it is a way to express myself. Lyrics are a great part of music not only the beat or rythme. The lyrics explain whats going on and the feeling behind it. For me to enjoy a song the lyrics have to have meaning behind them.
I believe that the youth of america is more into the beats and the "hits" rather then the true meaning behind every song. Music originated from poetry with meaning and a story to be understood and today especially artist lose the meaning behind what music really is. It is very rare in now days that you find an album that you enjoy everything. The Script is my first album that I have been able to enjoy every song. I recommend it to everyone.

2 comments:

  1. That's really interesting! I never heard of The Script but they sound like an interesting group to listen to, based on your reaction to their albums. I also agree with you about music being a way to express yourself. I'm sure everyone has songs that they can relate to. Music brings life to the world along with emotions that impact the listener. You claimed that the youth of America has greater interest for the beat of the song rather than the actual lyrics, and that is true but what is it that makes us feel that way? I predict that it may be our teen angst or sudden focus on sounds that could block out reality and takes us to the place where we want to be. The beat allows your mind forget the drama and the problems in your life, as you"re listening to that song. Lyrics are quite powerful too because they allow us to relate our lives to the song. Music itself is quite powerful, having a huge impact on people especially youth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved for you to have described the genre of lyrics, possibly the album title, maybe posted some song lyrics or the link to their myspace page. DO a little more work to make your discovery more meaningful for everyone.

    Grade: 3/4

    ReplyDelete