For our final project I went to MOMA or otherwise known as the museum of modern art. This was truly a great experience. I don't believe i would of gone if i didn't have to for this class. I recommend everyone to go to MOMA even for just an hour and look at some of the art. This was an experience I will never forget.
What is truly considered art? Is folded paper art? According to MOMA it is. I have heard many different theories as to what is art such as anything can be art, it is the feeling you get when making the master piece. It is believed to be emotions and the ideas that are behind it and the feelings the observer gets.
Art can be interpreted in many different ways. Each person has their own ideas and thoughts as to what the art means or as to whether it is art or not. Is this what the artists want? Is an artists goal to make an observer think or do they actually want to get their point across? If I made a sculpture or a painting I think I would want my own thought and idea to come across to the people that saw it and for them not to form their own theory. This is a very difficult subject. I suppose it depends on the artist and what they want and how they want their art to be viewed by others.
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love MOMA, or just art in general. You're right art can be interpreted in a million different ways and there isn't a set code to what art can or can not be. Everyone has their own style and their own way of presenting it. That's why it kills me when somebody tells me how I should express myself.
ReplyDeletei think you are 100% right that anyone that did not go to MOMA should go there because i also went there Friday night and i just loved the experience there. I wouldn't have went there myself if Miss Seltzer haven't assigned us the project. The best part is that i saw all the paintings and drawings at the museum that we saw in class and trust me it was much more better to see them in person and i really found all the paintings interesting.
ReplyDeleteI really wanted to and should have gone to MOMA. Instead I went to the Brooklyn museum , it was interesting but I would have rather looked at paintings and sculptures of modern artists. At the Brooklyn museum there was allot of art form the African culture. I strongly agree with your thoughts on how art can be interpreted in many different ways. I always felt art was anything where you can express yourselves. Its up to the people you are showing to interpret it as art.
ReplyDeleteI haven't been to the MOMA in years. I am glad you enjoyed.
ReplyDeleteGrade: 3/4