Tuesday, May 26, 2009
An important decision
Being that we are all juniors and very soon becoming seniors a huge decision for us is picking a college that is right for us. We are influenced by many things such as our family and our friends but the most important thing to remember is that it is our future. Some of us are afraid to go away to college and others just don't want to but you have all these teachers and adults saying that it was their best experience ever going away to college. Then we have been with some of our friends since we were babies how do we let go of that. All these aspects play an important role.Going to college is the most important part of our lives. We have gone to school and prepared for it for many years now. We are entering the adult life and starting our lives by ourselves, being independent. You have to remember to pick what is right for you, what interests you and what you want. Everyone else is their to help and you can take their helping hand but in the end its all about us and our decisions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
kelly, I agree. There are so many things to think about before going away to college. I want to go away, but there are many things I need to be sure of before I go. Teens in our situation ar ebeing torn between the oppinions of their family, friends, and teachers. Its true its Ones OWN future so it should be their decision.
ReplyDeleteI'm so afraid of not being ready for the future, but at the same time so excited to be close to experiencing what is considered one of the best times of your life. It's going to be so tough choosing which college to go to, out of the thousands there are. You're also right about the fact that it is OUR decision, and we shouldn't let other's thoughts get in the middle of it
ReplyDeleteI am very excited to go to College and I have start thinking about what College to go to but everytime i think about it i get scared because i think im kust afraid to enter the adult life. I don't want to go away for College not because i don't want to take my own responsibilities but i just don't want to leave home. College is the most important thing for me and i want to graduate from College whether i go away for College or not.
ReplyDeleteI used to feel that ther future was scary and that i was going to fail at it miserably but with more years gone by I became relieved at the thought of college. I feel ready for that next step in my life and i feel where im at right now is boring. I have never, not once felt like my decisions were being influenced by some outside factor, my independence has guided me to what I want. Altough i do not know where I will be attending college next year I do have confindence that the change will not be as terrifying as I previously believed.
ReplyDeleteWhile it sparked a lot of interest because it effects your peers, do you really say anyhting of substance here?
ReplyDeleteGrade: 2/4